Monday, July 25, 2011

Thinking Cool Thoughts

While a large chunk of the country suffers through a heat wave, and we here in Texas suffer through our "normal" heat wave and our extraordinary drought conditions, I thought I would try to invoke some cooler images and make a Thanksgiving/Fall card.  "Lovely as a Tree" is such a great stamp set.  Beautiful images and very versatile.  In fact, I think I may use it in my next "think cool thoughts" experiment and emboss the line of trees in white and make some type of Christmas card.  Or maybe I'll bleach stamp them.  I haven't nailed it down yet ... just a few design ideas floating around in my noggin!






I partially CASE'd this card from the new Idea Book & Catalog (page 114) and changed it up just a bit.  I did use an old Kaleidacolor rainbow pad for the leaves image.  I'm also thinking of adding some marker splatters to the entire card to add to the aged appearance that the sponging gives.  For the inside, I'll be adding a greeting from the retired set "Thankful For."

And I suppose I'll be "Thankful For" this heat when winter rolls around and we have no snow.  Winter is definitely the best part of living in south Texas!


Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment