Saturday, November 12, 2011

Mojo Monday 214 to Friday Mash Up 32

I think this is a first for me.  I'm combining a Mojo Monday and a Friday Mashup!  Guess that means I have the week covered!!

Here is the sketch for Mojo Monday #214:



I had a little bit of trouble with the circle element on this one, until I remembered an ancient Fiskars circle cutter I had!  (I didn't have a punch or a die that would give me a big enough circle.)


The Friday Mashup this week was for something girly plus your favorite technique.  I think the colors I used, along with a bit of bling, covered the girly part! 


Instead of actually adding another background layer, I simply "stitched" the edges with a white gel pen.



One of my favorite techniques is watercolor, which is just barely shown here on the focal image.  I used my watercolor pencils and blender pens for a hint of color.



Be sure to check out the Friday Mash Up Site.
 
Friday Mashup



Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

9 comments:

  1. Terrific girly card! I really like the faux stitching and the soft colors on the image. Looks fantastic!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, girly colors! My daughter would love this. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the girly colors, the faux stitching and the texture! Thanks for playing with us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sheri, Lovely to see you playing along with our challenge again. I love that you have the week covered!

    Your colours are fabulous, you've used lots of techniques to make this pretty card and I really like the soft water colour.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card! I love the triple stacked flower. Great job combining the two challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect girly colors; I love the purple mixed in with the pink! The bling on the candles was the perfect touch! Thanks for joining The Friday Mashup this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, great Girly color combo! I like your watercoloring it really compliments the cake image keeping it soft. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a perfect girly card! You did an excellent job combining the two challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card!! The faux stitching us a great touch. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete