Tuesday, December 20, 2011

First Christmas Mini Album

Now that I know my daughter and son-in-law have already opened the Christmas presents I mailed to them, I can show you this mini album I made for them.  They just got married in May and I thought it would be fun for them to have a place to archive a few special memories of their first Christmas.




I've never made a mini album before, and I'm not much of a scrapbooker, but I had been seeing these made with the Top Note Die several places on the internet and thought they were so cute.  They are so easy, and I'm afraid I might be developing a growing addiction to them!






I simply used some recycled 4" X 5" pieces of lightweight cardboard (think cereal boxes) covered with the same size pieces of assorted papers and ran them through the Big Shot with the Top Note Die.  Then I just added some places for photos or journaling and a few pockets and tags.  I punched a hole in the upper corner with my Crop-A-Dile for the book ring and added some colorful pieces of ribbon.  So easy!

I made another one for my Mom but forgot to take pictures of it before I mailed it.  Hers is a "Christmas Memories" theme with pictures of my brother and I as we were growing up at Christmas time.

I feel empowered now to make mini albums!  lol 
Next up, I'm going to try paper bag albums and envelope albums, as I have a bunch of 6 X 9 envelopes left over from my daughter's wedding invitations.  Yeehaw!


Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment