Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Stocking Tags Are Hung, But Not By The Chimney!

Well, let me just start by saying that gold six-strand embroidery floss, while beautiful, is not nearly as cooperative as ribbon or cord!  All six of those strands have a mind of their own!  ;)

I got all of my tags punched and hung on our stockings, which I have hanging from the iron handrail so that they are seen immediately in the foyer when you come in the front door.  I simply used three foot strands of two kinds of ribbon to hang them.  I nearly gave myself a concussion in the process this past weekend, but hey, it's the price we pay for decorating our homes for Christmas!



We do have a fireplace, but there is no mantel, and there is a raised arch thing on it, making it difficult to hang almost anything.  I decided to just leave my metal star hanging there and call it good.  Hopefully Santa will find these stockings without a problem!

Here's a collage of each stocking and one close up to show that pesky embroidery thread!  By the way, Skyler is my 15 month old grandson that I haven't met yet who will be here for Christmas!  He and his Mommy and Daddy will be flying over from Japan next week!  (I just realized my husband's stocking shows up twice in this collage.  I guess that's because he's extra special!)







Now I'm off to wrap presents!  Happy Hump Day everybody!

Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment