Monday, April 30, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #32 and Color Throw Down #189

Happy Monday Everyone!

While I'm sipping my coffee this morning, I thought I would share my latest challenge card with you.  Today's card was made for the sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches.  I paired that up with the latest color challenge at The Color Throw Down, which was to use So Saffron, Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Calypso Coral and Pool Party.

Here's the sketch:


And here's my card:






The sketch was intended to be for a square card, but I made a standard A2 card in landscape orientation.  I confess that I struggled with this color combination and thought about ditching it, but sometimes it's good to be pushed out of your comfort zone.  That's why I do challenges in the first place -- to make me think out of my box and do cards I might not normally come up with on my own.

The focal image is stamped on water color paper.  I used a combination of my blender pens and aqua painter with my ink pads to color it.  I can't believe this is the first time this stamp set has seen ink.  It was one of those "gotta have it" moments when I first saw it!  I used my Framelits to cut the image and its So Saffron mat (another gotta have it product).

I hope you take the opportunity to visit both challenge blogs and check out the other awesome projects.


Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely card this is ..... You've certainly pulled those colours together do beautifully and I love your colouring of those flowers!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job with both challenges. Really pretty sympathy card. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown this week :]

    ReplyDelete