Friday, June 15, 2012

The Friday Mashup #63

Happy Friday Everyone!  Welcome to another fun challenge at The Friday Mashup!


This week's mashup was really tough for me.  I struggled both with the colors and the paper piecing, even with the beautiful inspiration photo provided!






Here are the details:
  1. Make a project using the " Paper Piecing " technique.
  2. Or Make a project using " Rich Razzleberry, Daffodil Delight & Pool Party ".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a " Paper Piecing Project using the above colors."
I have never paper pieced before.  I really struggled to figure out a stamp image that I could use.  And on one of those frequent occasions where I'm laying awake at night and thinking about paper crafting (please tell me I'm not the only one who does that!), I remembered the little cupcake from Easy Events.  Perfect!  Now I just had to conquer my color dilemma.  I like all these colors.  I just really struggled to put them together!  Without further ado, here is what I {reluctantly} am showing you today:










I was so tickled with my little foray into paper piecing, only to realize after I had assembled the whole thing that I used a piece of So Saffron dsp instead of Daffodil Delight.  Drat!  And once I added Iridescent Ice to the frosting, you couldn't hardly even tell it was dsp at all!  Double drat!


It just goes to show that we can't be thrilled with our own creations all the time.  And since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I know I don't always have to be totally in love with my creations for someone else to appreciate them.  In hindsight, if I had only used the color combo or only the paper piecing technique, I probably would have come up with something that pleased me more.  Oh well!  Tomorrow is another day to create something else!


Thanks for stopping by and listening to my sad paper crafting tale!  You deserve an award for muddling through this post!
Free Smiley Courtesy of www.millan.net


Now be sure to pop over to The Friday Mashup and have a peek at the other creations!


Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. For the record, you are not the only one who had trouble with finding the right stamp or the only one who lays awake at night thinking about cards/layouts/stamping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great minds think alike when it comes to cupcakes eh?! :)
    And no, you're not the only one who thinks about crafting late at night... I half-dreamed about my challenge idea lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry, you are not the only one trying to figure out how to put everything together in a card, or finding the right stamp, or sentiment or even putting the colors together. I think that is part of the creating process. Enjoy the journey. Your card came out beautifully. Great job!
    Hugs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a lot of us struggled with the right stamp.. but I love how your project came out!! It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete