Thursday, June 21, 2012

Throwback Thursday

Happy Thursday Everyone!

Today's project is yet ANOTHER mini album I've recently completed.  (I promise I'll get back to card making soon!)  For this project, I used the retired SU Sale-a-Bration set "Fresh Vintage" and the retired designer series paper "Everyday Enchantment."  So sad that this paper didn't carry over into the new catalog!

This mini album is a completely different type of construction than the other baby ones I've been showing you.  The pages are a double sided pocket folded from a single 12 X 12 sheet.  I learned how to do this from this video.  I really like these pages.  They're pretty sturdy and give you nice sized pockets for tags.  For the binding technique, I used Laura Denison's Stack The Deck construction method. 

I made a total of four pocket pages and six tags.  Normally you would have eight tags, but I messed up and glued one side shut that I shouldn't have.  Naturally, I had to make it look like I meant to do that, so I glued an additional one the same way.  (I was not about to waste that sheet of paper!)

Here's a slide show of the finished product.



If you decide to make an album like this with Laura's binding technique, be sure you do NOT glue shut the non-pocket side of the pages.  Instead, you'll sandwich the edges around the flanges of the binding.  If you have any questions at all, please feel free to leave a comment or email me.

Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment