Thursday, July 12, 2012

Throwback Thursday

Happy Thursday Everyone!

While I'm enjoying the company of visiting family, I have pre-scheduled a few posts to keep you entertained!

Today's Throwback card features one of last year's SU hostess sets, Faith & Nature.  I love this set, and it can adapt to many different styles and looks.  This is a get well card that I've stamped to donate to my church office.  While the stamping of the image is simple, that simplicity helps to showcase the background panels that were done with the shaving cream technique.



If you're not familiar with the shaving cream technique, it's very easy and gives you fantastic results.  Simply take some good old fashioned shaving cream and dispense it onto a paper plate.  Then take two or three colors of your re-inkers and make randoms drops of color on the shaving cream.  To create the patterns, simply take a plastic knife or toothpick and swirl the ink around.  Be careful not to get carried away with your swirling or the colors will over mix and you'll have a plate of shaving cream mud!  Place your pieces of card stock onto your swirly creation, patting gently to make sure you have contact with the cream.  Remove the card stock and scrape off the cream with some type of straight edge.  Let dry.  Voila!  Awesome patterned card stock!  And you can get quite a number of pieces colored from one plate of cream.  Give it a try....I think you'll enjoy the results!

Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

3 comments:

  1. What a great technique. I'll have to give this a try. The results are awesome!
    I'm also your newest follower from SC. :)
    Steph - hofkissed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Sheri I have been viewing but my comments are few and far between these days I am so sorry , you work is fabulous well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool technique! I've heard of it but never seen it. I'm your newest follower from SC, I'd love for you to follow me back at http://stampitupwithkatie.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete