Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Coloring Up The New Year and WOYWW 239

Happy Wednesday and Happy New Year Everyone!!!!!


How was your New Year's Eve??  We actually stayed up past midnight only because it's senseless to go to bed before the bulk of the fireworks are done being shot off in our neighborhoods.  I dream of living somewhere that fireworks are illegal!!  It was rather entertaining this year, however, with the new dog, Brandy.  After years of having two dogs who are dreadfully afraid and one who couldn't care less about the fireworks, in walks Brandy......all 14 pounds of red and white Boston Terrier ferociousness!  We thought perhaps she would also be scared of the fireworks, but NO!  Every time one went off, she went flying out the doggy door barking her head off.  What a silly girl!


Well, what about this WOYWW thing in the blog title?  Each week we have the opportunity to bounce around the web and take a look at other creative desks.  This is all courtesy of the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground.  Be sure you pop over there and have a look!

I should preface my desk picture by telling you what I got for Christmas.  My wonderful husband told me to order some Copic markers that I've been coveting wanting forever it seems.  So I found some decent prices at oozak.com.  For the ones they were out of stock on, I went over to markerpop.com and got them.  I tried to find color combos I liked that would coordinate with all the Stampin' Up stuff I have.  Boy, all those color comparison charts out there have quite a bit of variation.  It made my head hurt trying to decide what to start with.  I ended up with 33 sketch markers.



Here's the state of my desk when I walked away from it last night.  Just playing with some Valentine's images, since that's the next holiday on the horizon.  I figured if these first attempts turned out nice, I could morph them into tags or little ATC sized cards.




Not too bad, but learning the blending might have been easier on larger images! 


 So as I prepare to "Color Up The New Year" with my new Copic collection, what are you planning for 2014?  Whatever it is, I wish you blessings and bountiful happiness!



Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. What a great present! It looks like you've picked up coloring with Copics very quickly. I can't wait to see what else you color. Happy New Year - April #60.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with April a great present . Love the coloured hearts you have done already. Happy New Year Anne x #36

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely present.
    Happy New Year
    Karin #29

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Sherri! Lovely Christmas present, I agree that its getting the blending right thats hard work- I still struggle- a lot! Have a great Wednesday, hugs Shaz #31 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy WOYWW. I used to have some Copics and they are great pens. Lovely colouring. Ali x. #58

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New year, Sheri. I stayed up for the bells and the fireworks but much to my surprise this was a very quiet neighbourhood and the only fireworks we spotted was in the TV coverage from cities around Scotland. Could be moving to Ayr, Scotland would be your dream come true :) Aren't husband's wonderful, they just know what to give us for Christmas ... I'm sure you will get a lot of pleasure from those new Copics. Have a great week and a wonderful 2014. Hugs, Elizabeth x #79

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE, love, love my Copic markers. You are going to have so much fun.
    Happy New Year and happy very belated WOYWW!
    Tertia #21

    ReplyDelete