Friday, September 12, 2014

Kaards by Kraafters

Happy Friday Everyone!

I hope you all are preparing to have a fabulous weekend.  Here in south Texas, we are waiting on the cold front to make it to us.  I know some folks "up north" have seen snow, rain, and unseasonably chilly temperatures.  As usual, we've been hot and steamy this week.  Today as the cold front approaches, it has been cloudy with rain in the area.  At least with the clouds, my air conditioner hasn't had to work overtime today.  Yesterday was a different story, with a heat index around 107.  This weekend we're expecting temps "only" in the 80's.  I'm definitely looking forward to that.

Last night I had the opportunity to "hang out" virtually with some very cool ladies over at the Kraafters Kommunity on Google +.  I don't have any friends locally to hang out with, so it was a delight to spend some time with creative ladies while we gabbed, shared tips and tricks, and created special "Thinking Of You" cards for some individuals facing personal challenges.  It's always refreshing to use my time, talent and supplies for a worthy cause.  I used to love being part of the card ministry at the church I used to attend.

I love stamping and card making techniques that are quick and simple but make it look like you did some amazing and terribly difficult things.  Triple Time Stamping is one of those.  I originally learned this technique from Dawn Olchefske's YouTube video here.  I make a lot of these cards and always love the results.

Here are the three cards I made last night.  While similar in style, each features something just a little bit different.  You may need to click and enlarge these collages to see some of the details.


This card features some fun twine and a popped up butterfly.  His antennae are colored with a silver atYou Spica pen and I use some clear glitter glue on the spots on his wings.


This sweet orange card is relatively flat, which makes mailing it a breeze.  I added some extra detail to the flowers on the front by tracing over them with my clear atYouSpica pen.  Special detail was given to the inside with a fun border bunch.  I love this sentiment:  "sending you warm fuzzies."


You can't go wrong with field flowers and butterflies, at least not in my book.  Beautiful turquoise and yellow combine with organza and grosgrain ribbons.  Of course, I had to add some glittery details to the butterflies.  One cannot have too much shimmer or glitter!

If you have some time, come on over to the Kraafter Kommunity and check it out.  It's filled with lovely, creative and friendly people who would be thrilled to have you join them.  Maybe we can craft together virtually one day!

Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Rbeautiful card Sherri, so nice to "see" you last night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these cards!!! It was sooooo nice spending time with you via our Kaards By Kraafters Project. Thanks for being a part of this Project and for the gorgeous cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, you make it look so easy. I would love to know the stamp sets you used in the first two cards. That open whimsical look is something I love!
    Thanks for being a Kraafter!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, those are both retired SU sets. One is called "Flower Fest" and the other is "Flower Fancy."

      Delete