Thursday, October 23, 2014

Lost Time / #WOIW / Sunday Sentiments

Happy Thursday Everyone!

I hope your week is going well.  Today I have a card to share with you.

Over at the Kraafters Kommunity on Google +, Heather is giving us a weekly word on Wednesdays to inspire our creativity.  It began the first week of October, but this is the first one I've participated with.  The word this week was time.

Somewhere recently I stumbled upon this quote by Benjamin Franklin:  "Time lost is never found again."  For some reason, this resonated with me and I immediately scribbled it on a sticky note and have been looking at it for at least a week.  You hear people say it frequently -- I just don't have time -- There aren't enough hours in the day -- If only I could fit that in my schedule.  I know I'm certainly guilty of uttering similar phrases.

The truth of the matter is, we all have the same 24 hours each and every day.  We DO have time.  Perhaps we just don't budget our time well.  Those minutes and hours I spend on Facebook playing silly games is very definitely time lost that will never be found again.  The minutes and hours spent on Pinterest, YouTube, on {insert the time stealer of your choice} will never be regained.  Can I get a witness???

So here is the card that was inspired by the quote.  I am also linking this up with Zsuzsa's Sunday Sentiments linky party over at Inky Dinky Doodle.  Make sure you go over there and check out her beautiful blog and the other entries.

I have never ever used my own handwriting on a project before.  This is a definite leap out of my comfort zone.

Gorgeous tag/bookmark that I recently received in a RAK haul.  I added a little bit of shimmer mist and some silver ribbon. 
I added a bit of pink spritz on the sentiment and card base to pull in the pink of that beautiful rose.
I only adhered the verse on the right side and bottom edge so that the recipient
could remove the tag and use it however they wanted to.


So how is your 24 hours going today??  Let me know in the comments below.


Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Love the quote and what you did with TIME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri, it is a wonderful sentiment, and your card is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Sheri! I like how the tag is removable from the card and perhaps can be used as a book mark as well. I also like the handwritten sentiment! Thanks for linking this wonderful project to Sunday Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous!!! Now I know what you wanted those clocks for from the RAK Haul you went through the other day, LOL! I love it. It's both elegant and chic at the same time. I can't say enough about how much I truly love this piece!
    Big Hugs!!
    Reeah.

    ReplyDelete