Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Twelve Days of Christmas - Day Nine


Happy Tuesday Everyone!

Today is the ninth installment of my Twelve Days of Christmas series.  I must admit that I have a new found respect for those bloggers and YouTubers who put out consistent daily content.  It's a lot of work and time coming up with the projects, doing the videos and editing them, taking pictures and editing those, writing up the blogs posts, and so on.  I suppose it's all in what you get used to doing and how far ahead you plan stuff out.  Not sure I'll do another long series like this.  I'm such a lightweight!  lol

Our project today is something a little different than what I've been doing.  Today I'm showing you some altered paper clips!





These little goodies make wonderful embellishments for scrapbook and journal pages, flags/tabs for marking pages in your planner or other books, take away embellishments on a card, and fun little gifts!  They're also the perfect way to use up your scraps.  I used hot glue on most of these, but you could also use e6000 if you were using metal pendant trays, cabochons or bottle caps, all of which would be adorable!  I will definitely be making more of these little bundles of cuteness.


This was a button I was gifted and only had one of.  What a great way to showcase Mr. Snowman!  Card stock layers are adhered with my ATG tape runner, and the button is hot glued.  Then the whole thing is hot glued to the paper clip.  I added another scallop shape on the back to conceal the glue.

You could always orient your design on the pennant to go the other way and use this as a side tab marker on a page.  This paper pennant does wrap fully around and is taped to itself but not to the paper clip.  I simply cut the pennant points with scissors -- nothing fancy.

Pinwheels/rosettes.....beautiful but deadly.  Watch my video and you'll see why I say that!  ;)
  Flat back resin rose is hot glued to the card stock scallop.


Perfectly simple for a journaling spot in a scrapbook or junk journal!
 I rounded the corners and inked the edges just to jazz it up a tiny bit.

It's pink.  'Nuff said!!

Another great little pennant to use as a decoration or a page marker in a book.

Another happy Mr. Snowman.  I did add a dab of hot glue on the back of the ribbons so they would stay put.

My personal little planner marker.  This little baby tells me at a glance where my current week page is in my planner.  I haven't used any glue at all on this and it stays put very nicely.

 If you search google, check Pinterest, or check out YouTube for "altered paperclips" you will find a ton of inspiration.  I will point you to a couple of YT channels that I got inspiration from:  craftyirina and TheScrappyBookworm1.  Both of these ladies have some really lovely creations.

Here is my video walk through of these altered paper clips.  Enjoy!!



Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment