Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tag It Tuesday Linky Party

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

It's time for our monthly linky party.  Woot!  May's theme was flowers.  I love love love flowers so I could have made a bazillion tags.  I showed great restraint by only making two!  I'm really bad at remembering to take step-by-step photos, so you'll have to take my word for what I did!

I started with two basic manilla shipping tags that had a light coat of gesso on them.  I decided to use some of my new Distress Paints for the first layer.  I used squeezed lemonade, abandoned coral and rusty hinge and then sprayed the tags liberally with water.  Then I simply sandwiched the two tags together to get the color on both of them.


Once the tags were dry, I used Timber Brown Staz On Ink to stamp some sweet sketchy flowers.  This stamp is from a new Dyan Reaveley set I got called Fancy Florals.  It was part of a set I got at Michael's that also included the leaf vine stencil.  


Before adding the leaves with light modeling paste, I used my bubbles stencil to spray some shimmer Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays on the tags.  


After the modeling paste leaves dried, I placed the stencil back over them and used my gelatos and a water brush to color the modeling paste.  Then I used a combination of a black Stabilo All pencil and a dark green Prismacolor watercolor pencil to give some definition in places around the edges.  I took the color directly from the tips of those pencils with my water brush.

These coral flowers are a variation of my ruffled scrunchy flower.  These are made from just three circles of patterned paper.  Each circle was pressed into the abandoned coral Distress Ink Pad to give it more color and then scrunched up.  I also colored some white sticky back pearls with a copic marker for a little extra interest.


I took a bit of the abandoned coral Distress Ink and bubble wrap to jazz up the back.


The second tag had more of a yellow tone, so I decided to spray my ruffled scrunchy flowers with my Color Bloom spray in Sorbet to add both color and shimmer to the flowers.


Look at that beautiful shimmer!


I added sticky back clear rhinestones to the centers of the stamped flowers.


I wiped up all the over spray of the Color Bloom spray on the back of the tag, then added some bubble wrap dots just for fun.



I realize as I'm looking at this picture that I haven't added any ribbon to the top.  I'll have to dig through my stash later to see what makes the perfect topper for these luscious tags.

Now it's your turn!  Show us your flower tags!



Don't forget I'm also hosting a tag swap over on my Google+ community that runs along with these monthly challenges.  If you're interested in joining that, please send me your email address so I can invite you to that community.

Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. I love those handmade flowers! It looks like you apply 3-D gloss but you didn't say so, so I'm assuming you didn't, they are very shimmery and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty tags Sheri :) I love the flowers you make. I too could make a TON of tags using the flower theme. Maybe you should extend it to next month LOL. I am glad to see a few more people are joining in on the linky party too :)

    ReplyDelete