Saturday, March 26, 2016

Pick A Stick Challenge - March 2016

Happy Saturday Everyone!

I hope you are having a wonderful blessed Easter weekend!  He lives!

Yesterday, my Fab4Creates pals and I published our videos of the projects we made in response to our monthly Pick A Stick Challenge.  If you haven't joined us before, be sure to head over to our Facebook Group Page and check it out.  We're having a blast and love seeing everyone's projects each month.

This month the steps seemed even more daunting to me.  For some reason, having to work with pictures, image transfers and photos struck fear in my heart!


I powered through, however, and I'm pretty pleased with my page.


I started out with an old mop up page in my Canson Mixed Media journal.  For my "picture" and image transfer, I took a 12x12 piece of scrapbook paper and gave it three coats of matte gel medium.  My understanding is that gloss gel works better, but since I didn't have any, I just used what I had!  Consider it an experiment, especially since I have never done image transfer before.  And honestly, I'm not sure I'll ever do it again.


I loved the effect I got with my Gelatos over the images that had the gel medium on them.  It's so easy to blend the color with a baby wipe.  It didn't work quite as well on the image transfer flower, but again, I count it as a learning experience.

I tried to get extra creative with step ten, which was to print out your own photo and cut it up.  I punched a circle from scrap paper and applied adhesive all over the back.  Then I took the strips of the photo I had cut and created a herringbone pattern with them.  After I attached it to my page, I again used my gelatos to color it.  I now had a funky sun on my page!


I had actually intended to basket weave the strips, but I had so much trouble that I ended up ripping off the strips and starting over with the herringbone pattern.  Nothing like a Plan B to bail you out!

You can see how I interpreted the rest of the steps of our challenge in my video.  And don't forget to check out my other three partners' videos.  You'll find their links in the video description.




Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment