Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Monochromatic Hello!

I love designing cards with a monochromatic scheme, or in this case, almost monochromatic.  And Stampin' Up! makes it so super easy with their coordinating card stock, ink, markers, 12 X 12 paper stacks, and a host of other accessories.  The hardest part is deciding which color you want to play with.

Tonight's card is one I've designed and made multiples of to send to "From Our Hearts" -- a fantastic non-profit in my home state of Missouri that sends hand made greeting cards to the troops overseas.  The service men and women can pick any cards they need to send to friends and family back home.  What a wonderful, heartfelt way for them to stay connected to loved ones.  Be sure to check out their blog here From Our Hearts.




I have used Perfect Punches and Swirls & Curls Verses which is a hostess set from the Summer Mini Catalog.



Here you can see how I've popped up the center and base with dimensionals.  You can also see the original design of the base stamp image peeping out.  For those of you not familiar with Perfect Punches, the stamp I used is actually a Christmas stamp, but I just love the edge of it.  I use it a lot in this fashion.  I simply punch a 1 1/4" circle of whatever I want for the middle and cover up the Christmas design.  From above (below), you can't see the other design at all.




Thanks for taking a look.  And for those of you suffering with the heat like we are in Texas, think cool thoughts!!  (I know...it's not working for me either)

Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. Following you from SC. Thank you for stopping by my blog!

    Traci
    (aka The Logical Stamper)

    ReplyDelete