Thursday, August 25, 2011

Snow Much Fun


Thinking you would ever see "significant" snow in Houston is, of course, a pipe dream.  But that's perfectly fine with me!  After living most of my life in the Midwest, I've had my share of snow (and ice).  The first winter we lived down here, it was so comical to see the neighbors all rushing outside with camera and recorders to capture what was the first "snow" for some of them.  At best, I would have called it flurries, and even that was a stretch in my book.   After all, if it gets much below 70 degrees here, the "locals" are cold!  My husband and I hardly ever wear jackets, and certainly never a real coat here.

Anyway, I digress!  This is my first time playing with this new set "Snow Much Fun."  I just love snowmen, and the two guys in these set are pretty darn cute.  And I really like their little bird buddies.



On this card you also get a sneak peek at a Holiday Mini Catalog item -- the Snow Burst Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.  To make the snowflakes pop off the whisper white cardstock, I gently sponged them with Bashful Blue ink.  Another reason I really like this stamp set is because it lends itself so beautifully to watercoloring, which is one of my all-time favorite techniques.  I used my blender pen with my ink pads for this one.  (You can also watercolor with pastels, watercolor pencils, watercolor crayons, and re-inkers.)



I was hoping working on a snowy card might inspire some cool weather, but alas, we continue to set records for the number of 100+ degree days we have.  And my husband just said the forecast is for 107 this weekend.  Bring on the snow!!



Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment