Thursday, January 19, 2012

Throwback Thursday and A La Card Monkey #91

I've decided to start a weekly feature on my blog that's been bouncing around in my head for a while.  I'm calling it "Throwback Thursday."  I'm going to try to post a card or project each Thursday that features old but loved items, be it a retired stamp set, retired colors of ink, markers or cardstock, or other older stuff I find in my stash.  Just because you can't buy it currently doesn't mean it's not good stuff!! 

The card I've made for you today features one of my all time FAVORITE Stampin' Up! sets called Nice & Easy Notes.  This was one of my first SU sets and is still one I reach for regularly.  I'm also entering this card on this week's A La Card Monkey weekly challenge.  Be sure you check out their blog and the other entries.



Other retired items I used are Cameo Coral and Ruby Red cardstock and ink pads, as well as some retired Certainly Celery ribbon.


I watercolored this sweet little girl with my blender pens and a combination of ink pads, markers and watercolor pencils.



I added a little "bling" to her shoes with a couple of basic rhinestones.  I think they're a tad big, but that's ok.  I also colored three larger rhinestones with a green permanent marker and added them to the strip of ribbon.

I hope you enjoyed this first edition of Throwback Thursday! 


Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

2 comments:

  1. I remember this stamp set, I never had it but really wanted it back in the day! Your Card is so cute and you did a perfect job watercoloring the little girl image. Thanks for joining us at A La Card Monkey!!

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just lovely! I remember this set well...it WAS a great set and glad to see it getting some love! Thanks for playing with the challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete