Monday, February 6, 2012

Friday Mashup #44

Happy Monday Everyone!

I hope your week is off to a lovely start.  Today I'm sharing a card with you made for the Friday Mashup challenge.  This particular challenge featured both a picture inspiration and a color challenge (cherry cobbler, regal rose and whisper white).  While there were many nods to Valentine's Day with all of the hearts in the inspiration pic, what I noticed most was the pretty white tea set.  So I chose an image of teapot and cup from a retired but still loved set called "Nice & Easy Notes."




For the focal image, I employed what I call the "snow globe" technique.  After coloring the image, I completely covered it with VersaMark ink and Iridescent Ice embossing powder, then heat embossed.  (A little explanation of why I call it that - I first used this technique on a snowman image and I thought it made him look like he was in his own personal snow globe.  I guess that's just the way my twisted sense of humor works!)




I added some additional sparkle by adding Dazzling Details to selected areas of the embossed background panel.  The retired organza white ribbon adds a bit of shimmer as well.

Be sure to pop over to the Friday Mashup blog and check out the other wonderful entries.  Have a fabulous week!


Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Love the bling. Very pretty card Sheri.

    Thanks for playing along in our challenge this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Pretty!!! Love the sparkle!!! Great accents!!! Thanks for playing along with The Friday Mashup, GD Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! That teapot image is adorable and perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet little card. I love the embossing folder and the added glitter looks great! Happy you could play along at The Friday Mashup :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the shimmer and the embossing!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the shimmer! Very pretty card! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete