Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Paper Players Design Team Call

Wow!!  One of my favorite weekly challenge blogs is going to add to their design team for March, April and May, and I definitely would be blessed to be considered for that opportunity.  This group of ladies is such an inspiration to me.  I love looking at their submissions, as well as all those who enter the weekly challenges.  What a wonderful way to keep the creative juices flowing, think outside my own personal creative box/style, and experiment with new techniques, themes, color combos, etc.  It would be an honor to be associated with this talented group!

The application process asks for submission of three projects we've created.  I had a tough time narrowing it down to three, since I've done several things lately that I have really enjoyed.

My first submission is my little chubby snowman friend.  I just love this card.  I didn't even send him to anyone for Christmas, but kept him for myself instead!  :)






My second submission is a floral card I created recently.  I really love watercoloring and was pleased with how this one came out.






My third submission is a card I made using an older SU set that I really enjoy.  I like all the texture and color on this card.  Mr. Bumblebee is pretty cute, too!






And just for good measure, here are a few other recent cards that show a different style than the ones above.






This get well card was recently sent to my daughter, who was battling an extreme case of strep throat.  I knew all of the shades of purple would bring a smile to her face!  That's the really special part of creating your own cards -- being able to tailor them specifically for the recipient.




A special note to the ladies of The Paper Players:

My name is Sheri Whitfield and I have been paper crafting for over ten years.  I have been "crafty" in one respect or another nearly all of my adult life.  My mother is a painter and I know that my eye for color and composition come from years of her saying, "Sheri, look at this painting and tell me what's wrong with it!"  I love the process and wonder of taking paper and glue (plus a lot of other fun stuff!) and creating something out of that.  It really would be an honor to serve with you on the Design Team at The Paper Players.  Thank you so much for looking at my work and considering me.


Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Sheri,
    Thank you so much for submitting your work! You have created so many lovely cards here and you are right, the best thing about making your own cards is being able to tailor them for the recipients.
    All the best-
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful variety of cards! Fingers crossed for you, Sheri! Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cards, Sheri! My daughter loves purple, too! Thanks for sharing these with us! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for trying out for our design team, Sheri! I enjoyed looking at your cards and learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete