Thursday, February 16, 2012

Throwback Thursday

Hopefully this entry will post as scheduled, because we are actually on the road today heading to Arizona.  My mother is turning 82 on the 20th and we decided to road trip out there to celebrate with her!  Prayers for safe travel are certainly appreciated!

My card today features a stamp from an old Sale-A-Bration set (I think) called "A Little Bit of Happiness."  I know this card looks a bit heavy on the Valentine theme and it's after Valentine's Day, but it could also be birthday, anniversary, or "just because" to someone you love.




I used some retired cardstock colors (Eggplant Envy, Orchid Opulence and Passionate Pink), as well as some new-to-me toys for the details (Fashionable Hearts embosslits die and the Eyelet Border punch).




I did a little bit of watercoloring on the image with ink pads and my blender pen, sponged a few edges, then spritzed the entire card with Vanilla Smooch Spritz for an all-over shimmer, which in my humble opinion really made the card!  lol

Well, Happy Trails and we'll see you all when I get back!


Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment