Thursday, March 29, 2012

Throwback Thursday

Happy Thursday Everyone!

I have a fun little upcycling or recycling (not sure what is the politically correct term) item for you.  And I used a ton of retired stuff on it.


Yep, you guessed it.  It's an old powdered drink container (probably off-brand, knowing me).  I've been hanging on to these, having seen a lot of cute ideas on the internet for using them.  The first I spotted was from Kerry's Paper Crafts.  She makes such adorable stuff, and I would love to have the success at craft shows that she does!  (craft show envy rears its ugly head -- yikes)  I used some old card stock and DSP (Blue Bayou and Soft Sky) that I think were maybe "In Colors" ages ago.  The stamp set I used is an old Sale-A-Bration set called "Oh, So Lovely."  Some quick water coloring of the image, a punch and a die cut, and poof!  She's done!  There are Dazzling Details in the yellow center of the larger flower, but it didn't show up in the picture.  I also used a retired Baja Breeze ribbon that matched beautifully.  Love it when that happens!



I will mention that I had also saved a bunch of drink containers that are the square-ish type that Wal Mart was using recently.  Turns out they aren't really square and kind of flared out towards the top, making them a true pain in the patootie to try and wrap.  They are now in my recycle bin!!!  Too bad I only had a few truly round and/or oval ones.


Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

  1. What a super idea, Sheri. Fantastic color palette and that image is just perfect against the dp.

    ReplyDelete