Friday, March 30, 2012

Business Card Holder/Box Tutorial

Happy Friday Everyone!

I'm dipping my toes into uncharted territory today -- that of providing a tutorial for a project I designed!

I've been looking for a little DIY box for business cards.  My local Avon store lets me have my business cards at their check out counter, and currently they are just laying on the counter.  Well, no more!  Now they're going to be housed in a cute little display box!

I first saw this idea on Linda Kaiser's blog, The Paper Boutique.  Hers was made with her Silhouette machine.  Well, I am not in the world of electronic cutters, so I decided to figure out how to make one "from scratch" myself!  Here is what I came up with:




Nothin' fancy, but it's cute and gets the job done!

Here is the cutting/scoring diagram:

Hopefully when you click on the image and blow it up, you can see the dimensions.  If not, email me and I'll be glad to send it to you.


  • Start with a piece of card stock 5.75" X 4.75".  
  • Score 1" from each edge of the long side.  
  • Score the short side at 2.5" from the left and 1" from the right.  
  • Where the score lines intersect, add 1/4" score in the 1" margin.  These will be the flaps you apply adhesive to for assembling the box.  
  • The shaded blue areas are what you will cut away.  
  • DSP layers:  Front is 3 5/8" X 7/8".  Inside/Back is 3 5/8" X 2 3/8".  (I actually used a DCWV printed cardstock - The French Country Stack -  which gave the box a bit more strength.)

Here are some photos that may help:





On the next one I make, I think I will angle cut the joining 1/4" flaps, especially on the edge the joins to the front of the holder.  That should alleviate any excess that might show when assembled.

I hope this made sense.  If not, please feel free to email me.  I'll be glad to answer any questions and email the template to you if needed!  

Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

8 comments:

  1. Sheri, this is just too creative for me! I don't have business card but I bet I could put chocolate in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheri, I discovered your tutorial via Google images, and thanks to you I was able to make a last minute card display holder for my son's first solo art show. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great, I found you via google search and I love this!

    ReplyDelete

  4. All details you describe in your blog post about business card boxes wholesale is very informative for me. I agreed with you our business card boxes help to make our company special and it helps to make our company effective. I appreciate your efforts. thanks for sharing such a piece of knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just made these for my grocery delivery business! So Cute! Hoping to ask local businesses to show them off for me. Thank u SO Much for this tutorial! You're AWESOME!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this blog is very informative. Business cards are a must-have for anyone who wants to make a good impression at a trade show or networking event. Choosing from our range of Business Card Boxes Wholesale will ensure your cards are presented in the best light.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Review Table 10.3: Global Risks 2014, and select one of the risk areas. Imagine that you have been tasked with creating a proposal for the new CEO of your … question hub

    ReplyDelete