Thursday, May 3, 2012

Throwback Thursday for Merry Monday 18

Happy Thursday Everyone!

Today's trip down memory lane features a wonderful old line art Christmas set from Stampin' Up! entitled Baby Jesus is Born.  I love this little set, and thought it would be perfect for this week's challenge for Merry Monday.  As usual, Lesley has a great sketch for us:


And here is my interpretation:



I tried to keep the card earthy, natural and simple in feel.  I used ivory naturals card stock, and water colored my image using my water color pencils and blender pens.  I added a little bit of edge sponging with Crumb Cake ink and a snippet of hemp twine under the greeting.

Another Christmas card for the stock pile!  Woo hoo!

Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

9 comments:

  1. Love your clean card, great job with colouring. Thank you for playing along with Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how cute, Sheri! I love how you kept it simple! It is an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh, so adorable, Sheri! Love your coloring and pretty designer papers! Terrific Christmas card!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the scene and your coloring. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet image and perfect for this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card and great coloring of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card Sheri, your colouring is lovely. Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect card for the blessings of Christmas! Thanks for playing with the Merry Monday challenge this week and sharing your creation with us!

    ReplyDelete