Thursday, September 27, 2012

Countdown to World Card Making Day - Day 2

Happy Thursday Everyone!

Today I'm posting card #2 in my countdown to World Card Making Day on October 6th.  This is also a "Throwback Thursday" kind of card as well.

When thinking about what I wanted to showcase today, I was thinking about different folds on cards.  I'm not really adventurous where fancy folds are concerned....a simple gatefold is about the extent of my creativity!  But I remembered a card I used to do years (make that decades) ago in workshops involving very simple folding.

Here's the original card.  Anyone remember this ancient Stampin' Up set??  It's another one I sold and should have kept.  Why is it hindsight is always 20/20??



For my updated version, I amped the colors up a little bit and used more modern, fun images in my stamping.  Yes, this is Flower Fest that I also used on yesterday's card.  The little corner flowers are from "Every Little Bit."


I call this style of card a "top mount" card, in that the base is only a quarter sheet of card stock, and the card itself is trimmed down 1/4" all the way around, folded in half and adhered to the colored base.


This is supposed to give the illusion of being a bouquet of flowers tied up and peeking out of their wrapper.  The "wrapping" is stamped with a sweet little image from the set Confetti.


I stamped the flowers with Regal Rose and then gave them some additional water coloring to boost their presence so they would "pop" from the background.  Cute, huh?!?



Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

1 comment: