Wednesday, September 26, 2012

WOYWW 173 / Countdown to World Card Making Day

Happy Wednesday Everyone.

It's time for a mid-week romp across creative desks around the blogosphere.  Of course, this internet fun fest is courtesy of Julia at Stamping Ground.  Be sure you pop over there, grab a comfy chair and beverage of choice, and have a look-see!


The work in progress here is featured below, and is the kick off card for my ten day countdown to World Card Making Day on October 6th!

I'm challenging myself to bring you ten new card projects in a row leading up to October 6th.  I'm going to try new techniques, new layouts, new color combinations and new themes.  I challenge you to play along with me.  I don't have a schedule to follow, other than posting a new card each of the next ten days.  Won't you join me?

This card features the "Triple Time" technique as published by Dawn Olchefske.  I've been wanting to use this idea for quite some time and finally made myself follow through!  What do you think?





The leaf and floral image is from the retired Stampin' Up set "Flower Fest."  The thank you sentiment is from "Lacy & Lovely."  The main colors I used were Certainly Celery and Melon Mambo.  The twine from The Twinery (Honeydew and Pink Sorbet) provided the perfect accent between layers.  The butterfly was colored with markers (Pumpkin Pie and Daffodil Delight) and jazzed up with a few pearls.

All in all, this was a fairly simple project, which makes it rank high on my list!


Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

1 comment:

  1. Great card. I've tried this technic and it isn't as easy as it lokks, but when done right are just wonderful like yours
    Krisha #40 still lurking about

    ReplyDelete