Friday, October 12, 2012

Christmas Gift Tags

Happy Friday Everyone!

It's been a busy week around here.  I finally jumped into the world of electronic cutters and have been learning to use my new Cricut Expression 2.  I think I'm going to like it.  Any tips or tricks on how to get the longest lifespan out of the cutting mats?

Anyway, earlier in the week I made a couple of sets of Christmas gift tags.  I've been trying to come up with some items that are easily reproducible to feature on both Tophatter and my Etsy store for the holiday season.  Since Christmas is right around the corner, I thought some tags with a vintage feel might be nice.  Both sets feature edge sponging (front and back) for that vintage feel, as well as some pretty satin ribbon.

The first set features a poinsettia image stamped simply in burgundy.  I added a bit of gold shimmer to the flower centers.






Next I went for a holly and berry theme.  I gave the berries just a hint of red to perk them up.




I was pleased with how these came out.  Both sets are simple yet elegant, with a bit of that vintage feel.  I'm sure I'll be making more versions of these.

Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment