Monday, December 3, 2012

Gift Card Holders and Tags

Happy Monday Everyone!

While I'm quickly prepping for my Handmade Community Auction on Tophatter this morning, I thought I would make a quick blog post.  Please come visit me at my auction!  We have loads of fun.  And if you haven't thought of selling your handmade items on Tophatter, you should give it some thought.  It costs you nothing to get set up and you meet lots of awesome people!

Yesterday I cranked out some fun Christmas gift tags and gift card holders.




This one was kind of a pain to make, what with the hand coloring of Mr. Red Bird and then embossing him.  It took wayyyyyyy too long to make 10 tags!  


These gift card holders are super easy and fast.  Of course, since I rarely have an original idea, I got the design from Michelle's blog.

The instructions are quick and easy:  cut your card stock to 7.75 x 5.  Score at 2.5 & 6 on the long side. The Designer Series Paper measures 2.25 x  4.75 and 1.5 x 4.75.  The “To/From” panel is 2.25 x 4.75.  (measurements are in inches for my overseas friends)
Just  adhere the sides of the small flap so it will hold the gift card.  The belly band is 1 x 7.75.  Wrap around the holder and adhere closed.  I used red liner tape for added strength and durability.
Add a punched embellishment of your choice on the belly band and POOF....you're done!







Don't forget to check out the latest super sale item at Pick Your Plum.  Click on the photo link in the right side bar of my blog and you'll be magically transported!!!  :)

Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment