Friday, July 19, 2013

How about a freebie on Friday?

Happy Friday Everyone!

Gift card holders are always handy to have.  I think it really adds that personal touch to an otherwise non-personal present.

I ran across this pattern somewhere last year and I'm so sorry I can't remember where.  I always like to give credit for a project whenever possible.  I originally made Christmas themed versions of them with a lot of layers of designer series paper.  I thought they came out very nice.



I recently decided to make some all occasion style ones to list in my Etsy store and decided to simplify them.  I used single sided card stock from various paper stacks that had some nice heft to them.


When you open it up, there's still a nice place on the upper flap for someone to write a personal  message to the recipient.







 These are super fast to make this way without all the layering.  As an added bonus, they fit perfectly in a regular greeting card envelope, so mailing them is a breeze.

Here's the scoop on making these and your freebie for the day!

Card stock:  7 3/4" X 5"
Score at 2 1/2" and 6" on the long side.
Secure side edges of flap with your choice of adhesive (I used red liner tape)

Designer Series Paper Layers:
Outside:  2 1/4" x 4 3/4"
Small Flap:  1 1/2" x 4 3/4"
To/From Panel:  2 1/4" x 4 3/4"

Belly Band:
1'' x 8 1/2"

I then used a combination of various scallop and circle punches with a stamped design to jazz up the belly band.

Enjoy!  If you have any questions, please feel free to comment or email me!

Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment