Friday, December 13, 2013

Pantone 2014 Color Series - Day One

Happy Friday Everyone!

So I was looking at the Spring Pantone color report, and a thought occurred to me.  Do you think they just have all of the color chips in a basket and randomly pull out the requisite number and POOF have their color forecast??


Color and fashion forecasting seems to be big business.  Whether or not we believe or rely on those so-called trends, playing along can bring added traffic to our online shops.  So, in the spirit of playing along, I decided to see what handmade or supply items I have already that match up fairly nicely with the spring colors and do a little series of blog posts.  So fasten your seat belts -- here we go!!

The first color on the left of the chart is called Placid Blue.  For some reason that immediately made me think of when the Winter Olympics were held in Lake Placid.  I've always loved blue and I'm sure I have something in my stash that pairs with this color.  Let's take a look!



Ok, not an exact match, but in the ballpark.  I love these little snowflake earrings, with just a little pop of blue to make them all cheery and icy at the same time!

What do you have in your stash that looks like Placid Blue??  Be sure to comment and let me know what you think.

Next in the series.......Violet Tulip.  Stay tuned!


Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment