Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pantone 2014 Color Series - Day Six

Happy Wednesday Everyone!

It's time for our day six installation of the Pantone Spring 2014 Color series.  Today's color is called Freesia, and it's a bright one!  Makes me think more of summer than spring.  



Did you know freesia is actually a flower that has many bloom color varieties?  Of course, we are concentrating on the yellow variety today.  Aren't they pretty???  According to Wikipedia, yellow is the color of goldbutter, or ripe lemons.  In the spectrum of visible light, and in the traditional color wheel used by painters, yellow is located between green and orange.  Yellow is commonly associated with gold, wealth, sunshine, reason, happiness, optimism and pleasure, but also with cowardice, envy, jealousy and betrayal.



So what did I find in my inventory of supplies or handmade items that echos this color?  I found an appropriately bright little magnetic calendar I made recently.  The fact that is has flowers on it only made it even more the perfect candidate for Freesia.  


In fact, this calendar could also make a repeat appearance in a couple of days when we feature Celosia Orange!







So how do you feel about Freesia?  Is it a color you use in your crafting?  Please comment below and let me know!

Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment