Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Glittered Christmas Ornaments / WOYWW 278

Happy Wednesday Everyone!  Happy first day of October!

Here in south Texas when the first of October rolls around, we begin to have hope that our 90 degree days might possibly be done.  Granted that is wishful thinking some years, but it's where my mind goes anyway!

Fall has always been one of my favorite seasons.  The air gets crisp and it seems the sky gets more blue.  Apple season is in full swing, and when my kids were in school, it meant marching band competitions in Missouri apple country.  We would always stop on our way home and get some lovely, juicy and BIG apples.  I miss that.  I would also think about planting bulbs at this time when I lived up north.  Down here....nope.  Spring blooming bulbs are a waste of time as the ground never gets cold enough for them to do their thing.  Sad, sad, sad.

Here on this first day of October, it's the time of week that many of us hop about the blogosphere having a peek at creative desks around the world.  It's all courtesy of the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground.  Make sure you pop over there and check it out.  It's heaps of fun!

Here is the state of my craft desk this morning.  Rather embarrassing.  I've been working on something "new to me" and learning how to cut and apply vinyl using my Silhouette.


These are the fruits of my labor so far.  I'm hoping they will sell at the craft festivals I have booked for October, November and December.  If they do well at the first show, I'll go buy more ornaments to glitter up!   I also have a six pack of the flat round ones (sort of "M&M" shaped).  I think I'll like working with those better as it's a flatter surface and hopefully the vinyl will adhere easier.



I tried to think of "generic" images and words to use, as I didn't want to just show up with personalized ornaments and take orders.  Hopefully, folks will just be enamoured with these and snap them up!  Fingers crossed!

So what's on your work desk today?  Leave me a comment and let me know what you're up to!

Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

17 comments:

  1. LOVE them all!!!!! Isn't it so fun!!!!!! hugs, Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Sheri! They are so brilliant! Are you doing those for your own tree or are you planning on giving them as Christmas gifts? Either way is lovely, but what wonderful gifts! Thanks for sharing! My desk or workspace (albeit VERY small) has an unfinished journal page spread on it! You know sometimes you just get to a point where you have to walk away and hopefully when you come back it will be with a new vigor or inspiration! Thanks for sharing your yummy goods! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Felicia, they are for selling at upcoming craft markets....hopefully! I also have a few ceramic mugs and glass cutting boards that I'll be putting vinyl decor on. Yes -- I've reached that "walk away" point many times, so I know what you mean!! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Looks like fun.. my daughter has a Silhouette and has been talking about trying other things with hers.. I will have to show her this.. I think its neat and looks like a lot of fun. Have a great one. Roberta 67

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the ornaments! Keep us posted on how you do at the shows. Here in southcentral MO I'm on the hunt for apples this weekend. Need to make apple butter/ apple sauce/ pie filling. Out of all three in the pantry! If I were headed your way, I'd bring you some (and I do WISH I were headed your way LOL) Creative Blessings! Kelly #60

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY pretty---they should sell well! Good luck, and a
    Happy Woyww to you!
    :)trisha
    #70 this week
    with a mish mash of stuff

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that idea!
    I don't own a silhouette, but it looks like fun!
    Happy craft fairing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sheri! I'm hopping over from the Stamping Ground! It's always nice bumping into you outside of G+! Amazing what you can do with the Silhouette! I would be surprised if those Christmas ornaments didn't sell well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sheri, your baubles are just gorgeous they will sell for sure. Have you considered putting you spring bulbs in the fridge during winter then planting them into pots, it works well in the warmer climate places and so easy to do.

    Hope you have a wonderful week
    Happy WOYWW
    HUGS ELIZA YODA & Flat Susan #2

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those baubles are great, Sheri. A lovely idea. I do so hope they sell well for you - they certainly should!!
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #17

    ReplyDelete
  10. What beautiful ornaments and a lovely workspace. Thanks for sharing. Sorry I’m late commenting. Hope that you have a lovely crafting week to come. Hazel, WOYWW #81 x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those baubles are lovely. I'm sure they'll sell. Don't be embarrassed about learning something new. New things take a lot of trial and error. I have a CraftRobo (the fore runner of the Silhouette I think) and I never really got to grips with it. Unfortunately I have nobody near who could explain how to use it and the instructions were 'pants'.
    Thank you for letting me look over your shoulder.
    Have a good week,
    Lisca#31

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those decorations are lovely - should sell like hot cakes! I love planting Spring bulbs, but I quite like the sound of ground not getting cold, too! Hugs, Chris # 16

    ReplyDelete
  13. great workspace And your ornaments look awesome! Thank you for sharing your desk! Have a great week Ginny M #63

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omigosh Sheri, these are beautiful..I reckon you'll be topping up stock nearly every weekend between now and December! All that glitter and your desk remains orderly.....sigh.

    ReplyDelete