Friday, December 5, 2014

The Twelve Days of Christmas - Day Three

Happy Friday Everyone!

I hope you've had a wonderful week.  Thanks for joining me for the third installment of my Twelve Days of Christmas projects.

Today we're making a fun little gift box with attached lid.  It's the perfect size for some jewelry, candy, and other gift type trinkets.  We'll be water coloring an image for the decorative panel which is attached to a ribbon belly band.



This box is made from a single sheet of 12" x 6" card stock or decorative paper.  On the 6" end, score at 1" and 5".  On the 12" side, score at 1" and 5 1/2" from BOTH ends (score one end, flip and score the other).  Then fold and burnish all of your score lines.

On each long edge, cut up on your score lines just to where they intersect with the 1" scores.  Trim an extra little sliver from each so they fold in nicely with less bulk.  Place adhesive (I recommend Scor Tape or red liner tape) on all six tabs and adhere to form the box and lid.

If you want to make the belly band from card stock instead of ribbon, you'll need a piece cut to 11" x 1".

For my particular bell image and mat, I cut the watercolor paper to 2 1/4" square and matted that to a green 2 1/2" square.  I used my aqua brushes and ink pads to do the water coloring.

Here is the video with more detail for you:





Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment