Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Tag It Tuesday Linky Party

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

It's Tag It Tuesday time.  Woot!


This month's theme was to use the Pantone color Buttercup.  I thought we'd kick off the new year with a bright, happy color.  As I've mentioned before, we'll be focusing on color a lot this year, concentrating on the Spring 2016 Pantone colors.



As always (dang it), I forgot to take process photos.  I had the best of intentions...had my camera out and at the ready.  As usual, however, I got caught up in what I was doing and forgot to pause now and then to take photos.  I did try to pull "still shots" out of my video, but they were so grainy looking, I didn't want to subject you to those. So you'll have to watch my process video for the blow by blow of how this was made.




I began with my standard #5 manilla shipping tag.  To start my background, I first sprayed water on the tag, followed by two Dylusions Ink Sprays in lemon zest and squeezed orange.  Once those were dry, I did the ghost stencil technique to the tag for some "texture."  This should come as no surprise.....my next step was to pull out my favorite bubbles stencil along with some pale yellow and metallic craft paint.



My next step was to stamp a fun doodle flower image and stem with Archival Ink in jet black.  Once dry, I began painting the flower with a combination of craft and metallic paint, as well as Silks Acrylic Glazes.  Because I obscured a few of my stamped lines with the painting, I went back over them with a PITT artist pen, as well as adding some black and white dots for interest.



I gave the tag an all over spritz with Color Bloom Spray in Sorbet.  Then I added a squiggly border to finish it off.



Now it's your turn!  Make a tag of your choosing, showcasing the Buttercup color and link it up!


Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Got mine done too and published and all that :) lemmon zest and squeezed orange ..sounds like a lovely drink for summer. Pretty tag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love that tag Sheri. What a great background and that flower is the bees knees! :))) Blessings

    ReplyDelete