Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tag It Tuesday April 2016 Link Party

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

It's time to link up our tags for April!!


This month our theme was to use two Pantone colors, Serenity and Snorkel Blue, along with some circles.



I really enjoyed making my tags this month.  I have always enjoyed blues, and I have definitely developed a "thing" for circles over the past few months!  I decided not to focus on any particular occasion or event for these tags, and instead just had fun building up layers and playing with the colors.



I started with my usual number 5 manila shipping tags and coated them with gesso to get the ball rolling.  I added various shades of Gelatos to build up the background colors.  I worked on three tags at once, because, well, WHY  NOT?!?  lol


For texture and interest, I added some doodle looking circle stamps with black Archival ink, as well as some paint and gesso circles using various plastic caps and bubble wrap as the "stamp."  I also painted Distress paint onto a piece of plastic canvas for the grid looking image.


Of course, no project calling for circles would be complete (in my opinion) without my trusty bubbles stencil!  I used it with straight paint and also a mixture of modeling paste and shimmer paint.


I added some shading around the edges of the tags and in some of the stamped circles with my Neocolor II crayons.  Love those things!  I also decided to back these tags with some coordinating card stock.  I don't usually do this, but I have to admit I like the "finished" look it gives to the tags.



You can check out the full video below and see how these tags come together.  Overall, these are definitely some of my favorite tags that I've done lately!



I hope you'll play along this month and link up your tag creations.  Be sure to visit your fellow artists and give them some love as well!



Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I love your tags Sheri!! I didn't plan on mine looking so close to yours!!! LOLOL I did mine and then I saw yours afterwards and I thought, oh dear!!!!!! LOL I guess great minds think alike! :)

    ReplyDelete