Friday, June 24, 2016

Pick A Stick Challenge - June 2016

Happy Friday Everyone!

It's time to reveal my art journal page for June's Pick A Stick Challenge.  Each month, we draw ten sticks from our stash of art prompts.  The "challenge" part is that you have to complete the steps in the order they are drawn.  Sometimes that is super tough, and this month was no exception!


I have found that if I gather up supplies to represent each step, a theme seems to take shape for me.  This month, step six is actually what brought it all together.  I found my "fashion element" in the form of a magazine clipping of a little pot of cream blush!  It's shape and color dictated my whole project.



I decided to use a lot of circles to mimic the shape of the blush pot, and also bring out the color of the blush.  I used accents of blues and aquas as well.


I thought the soda pop top images I had in my stash worked great.  They came from an issue of Country Living a few months ago.  Who knew there were so many fun vintage sodas?!?!


Below is a video I did on the entire process of creating this art journal page.  I hope you'll take a look.



Be sure to come over to our Facebook group page.  You'll see a ton of great projects that have been done, and I hope you'll decide to play along with us!




Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

  1. Sherri, you are just the cutest....the Fashion Police????? Hey, I think they will come get most of us as "most of us" deviate just a smidge from the requirements!!! Love all the color, textures and theme! Awesome my friend! :) Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Felicia! I try to have fun even when a project stresse me out! :)

      Delete