Friday, October 14, 2016

Pick A Stick Challenge Update

Happy Friday Everyone!

It's been a few months since I blogged about our Pick A Stick Challenge over on Facebook, so I thought I would recap my last few projects to get you up to date.

As you may remember, this monthly mixed media challenge gives us ten random steps that must be followed in order.  That's the only rule!  You can do anything you want before, after, in between....it's totally up to you.  But that darned "in order" part always gives me fits!

In July, our first step was to collage with napkins.  I picked a gorgeous poppy napkin I had in my stash.


I loved how the bottom half of my page turned out, but hated the top half!  I finally reworked it and came to terms with it, instead of cutting it in half and burning that top part!




August turned out to be one of my favorite months we've done so far.  Part of the challenge was to add a dog image as well as adding wings.  I decided to do a tribute page to my sweet pug, Jake, who passed unexpectedly several years ago.  It was an emotional project for me.



September was another fun challenge.  The step that dictated most of my project was to use something from the opposite season.  Since I live in south Texas, it seems like summer year round to me, so my "opposite season" was to add some snowflakes!



In July, we also added an ATC component to the challenge.  Of the ten steps, three are chosen and must be incorporated (in order!) on an ATC card.  The four of us who spearhead the group create four ATC cards, and winners are drawn at the end of the month to receive our cards.  One special winner who created and posted both a ten-step project and an ATC card will also receive some extra goodies as well!

If you'd like to see my videos of these projects, check out my play list on You Tube.




Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment