Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Independence Day!


Yes, I know this is a VERY old Stampin' Up! set, but it was the only thing patriotic I had at my fingertips early this morning!  What I should have had was something showing a grill with smoke coming out of it, since that's the aroma I woke up to!  My husband was up bright and early getting the smoker ready to go.  We're smoking a brisket today.  He's accompanied in his mission by his grill buddy, Ginger (one of our dogs).  It doesn't matter how hot it is, if the grill is fired up, Ginger is out there.

Ginger is especially enjoying this Fourth of July (for once in her life) because of the ban on fireworks sales and use in our area.  Texas is suffering through such an extreme drought, and most of the counties in our area are not only under a constant burn ban, but fireworks have also been banned.  That makes Ginger, Jazz and myself very happy.  Ginger and Jazz are deathly afraid of them.  I have to heavily sedate Ginger every year.  And the reason the ban makes me happy is that I might possibly be able to get some sleep tonight since our inconsiderate neighbors hopefully won't be setting off explosives all night.  I guess that's "unpatriotic" in this country to be negative about fireworks, but there are other ways to celebrate our independence besides being completely disrespectful of your neighbors.  Ok, stepping off my soapbox now....

I hope everyone has a wonderful and SAFE Fourth of July.  And remember, your neighbors may have to get up early and go to work on Tuesday!  :)

Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment