Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tag It Tuesday Feb 2016 Linky Party

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

It's time for our Tag It Tuesday link up party for the month of February!


This month our theme was to use the new Pantone color, rose quartz, as well as incorporating hearts into your project.

I started with a couple of tags that I had already applied some color to them.  Shades of pinks and purples were already on them, so I just rolled with it!!  One tag I sprayed with Color Bloom Spray in silver through a round plastic canvas piece.  I actually didn't end up doing anything further with this tag.  So you never know when it may show up in another project!



The tag I ended up working with began to take shape with a pebbled heart stencil by Dina Wakley.  I stenciled through the small heart with some white acrylic paint using a sponge dauber.  This actually resulted in some nice texture as well.  I also cut out some basic hearts from some scraps of card stock.


I stamped the hearts and tag with a script stamp using Archival Ink in black. Then I used gelatos in the same color family as the tag to add some depth and framing to the tag.

I attached the hearts with matte gel medium, outlined with a PITT Artist Big Brush pen, and added shadows and highlights with my gelatos.


I also used the PITT Big Brush pen to write the word "love" on the tag.  I accented the letters with black outlining and white dots.  Then I added a doodled outline all around the tag for a fun frame.


I really love the way this little tag turned out!



Be sure to watch my video to see the whole fun process!



Now it's your turn to link up the tag you made!  Be sure to visit the other participants and give them some love as well!



Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment