Sunday, February 14, 2016

Valentine Mini Junk Journal / Fab4Creates

Happy Sunday Everyone!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Smiley from Millan.Net

I hope you all are having a lovely day!  Today I'm sharing with you a little project my Fab4Creates pals and I are doing in honor of Valentine's Day.  We decided it would be fun to send each other a little envelope of appropriately themed goodies that we had to use in a project of our choice and see what we each came up with.

I got my goodies from Lizzie of Lizzie's Workshop.  You can visit her blog here and her YouTube channel here.  My envelope had some sweet mulberry paper hearts, cupid/angel and flower die cuts, some Valentine's ticket stubs, some fun and funky red flowers and leaves that I still can't figure out what they're made from, and a great monoprint with a circles pattern.  Here's some of what I had left over:



Rather than make a card or journal page, I decided to make a mini junk journal.  I already had a cover prepared from a small box that I had covered with some lightweight kraft packing paper, followed by a coat of gesso.

As always, I forget to take process pics while I'm creating.  I just get to rolling and forget to pause for pics!  So, as always, you'll have to watch the video for the blow-by-blow action.



I attached a little doily to the spine and the painted the whole cover with Folk Art Metallic paint in Rose Shimmer.  Then I added a little extra interest by spraying and dabbing paint through a stencil.  To complete the cover, I attached some of the die cuts, a ticket and a mulberry heart.



The interior consists of six little signatures.  Each signature has an assortment of tea dyed papers and index cards, leftover bits of scrapbook paper, mini glassine bags and tea dyed tags.



I even added a few bead dangles to the twine binding.




Be sure to check out the projects made by Shel and Peg as well!


Thanks for looking at my blog. I appreciate all the wonderful comments everyone leaves. Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment